Improving Employee Engagement through Effective Supervision and Leadership
In the current work environment, many employers are dealing with the fact that almost 50% of their employees are disengaged. The subsequent negative impact on productivity, safety, quality and job satisfaction is costly. Studies indicate that the most important influence on daily engagement is that of a front line supervisor. This workshop will help you to recognize the importance of being a more positive role model as a supervisor or leader. It will help you to have more engaged and productive team members.
What you will learn
- A better understanding or individual behaviours and sources of motivation.
- Key factors that keep people engaged and productive
- Adapting to different personality styles
- Effective communication techniques
- Individual improvement strategyemployee turnover costs
Workshop Content – One day version
For more details: 2017becoming-a-more-effective-supervisor
- The Role of a Supervisor or Leader
- 3 levels of engagement
- Potential cost of disengagement
- The emotional mirroring effect and your role
- The DISC behavioural model
- Recognizing others’ styles
- How does this affect engagement?
Working with Different Styles
- Adapting to their style preference
- Understanding tendencies under stress
- Levels of listening
- Barriers to communication
- Types of questions to use
- Adapting to style differences
The Engagement Cycle
- Core engagement elements
- Building trust
- 5 Factors that impact engagement
- Application discussion.
Price – $195, plus HST
Kingston location – Tuesday March 22, 2016
Call for details